Monday, January 11, 2016

Off to a good start!

When life hands you lemons, make a lovely painting with them.
That’s what I wrote in this journal, my 2016 gratitude journal. 2015 was, overall, not the best year, but I’m determined to make 2016 much better.

I decluttered my art room workspace (symbolic of decluttering my brain), and had a productive first week of January writing-wise. I also started the year with a course on Illustrating Children’s Books taught by the marvelous Joy Chu through UCSD Extension and am, once again, part of the incredible 12x12 community of picture book writers.

I’ve signed up to go to a renowned writing workshop called Big Sur on Cape Cod for May that I’m excited about, and also plan to take advantage of the fun and helpful writing challenges like NaPiBoWriWee (brainchild of the multi-talented Paula Yoo) and PiBoIdMo (started by super funny and prolifc Tara Lazar) that will help me focus and hone my craft.

As well, I’ve decided that I will stop blogging here. While there are things I love about Blogger, Wordpress has improved much over the past few years, making it easier for bloggers to follow each other, “Like” posts without having to comment, post via my phone, and offering much cleaner looks/templates. So, if you’re interested in continuing to follow my blog, please pop over to One Good Thing. Would love to see you there!

Ultimately, unless there is a good reason for me to keep a blog, I may, in the foreseeable future, move completely over to Instagram whose platform I much prefer.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams