Monday, November 02, 2015

A weekend at Better Books Marin beats Bernie's

Last weekend, I went to my last writing-related event of the year (unless our local SCBWI chapter has another autograph party this year) - Better Books Marin, organized by the fabulous, indefatigable Darcey Rosenblatt. The wonderful things about this event fell into three categories:

1) The landscape
sunrise near Las Vegas
en route to Oakland

my good friend Sylvia in a rock maze at the retreat center near Petaluma
a gorgeous layer of fog over the land at retreat center, Petaluma

  2) The food

the authentic Chinese meal that Sylvia's mother cooked for us the one night we stayed there

the buffet table at the retreat center, full of fresh, locally-grown foods
breakfast fare with eggs, fried potatoes, and lots of berries
I kept wolfing down my meals before I remembered to take a photo

 3) The workshop itself and the fun folks there

last night together, playing Cards Against Humanity...ensuing hilarity
the amazing and insightful critique group I was in

The only category that I still have after returning home is the food. Thanks to hubby's gardening and cooking skills, I rarely go somewhere where the food is better than at home. I just don't have to wash dishes when I'm elsewhere.



What was your best trip of the year, and what did you like the most about it?


"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams